A new star in the firmament of education blazed across the horizon in 1958, when the PSBB School in Nungambakkam was established by an enterprising group of housewives under the auspices of the Nungambakkam Ladies Recreation Club. The historic first step on the journey towards excellence was taken with 13 students in a thatched shed on the terrace of the residence of the Dean & Director of the school, Dr. (Mrs.) Y.G. Parthasarathy. Today the school has three branches with more than 8000 students and around 500 staff members.
One year after its inception in 1959, the school was fortunate enough to have a campus of its own and was shifted to the present premises in Nungambakkam following the Madras Matriculation System a prestigious unit of the hoary Madras University. As the school grew in strength, the need to extend its branches arose and thus emerged the T.P.Road Junior School in 1971, as an annexe to the school in Nungambakkam. In 1978, this school was affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
In 1976 another branch of the PSBB School, affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education was started in a residential area of K.K.Nagar. The sprawling, sylvan 5-acre surroundings of this school created the ideal ambiance for learning. The K.K.Nagar Branch initially had four sections of every class from Pre-KG to Std. X. Today it has a total strength exceeding 5123 students with ten sections in each of these classes. Standards XI and XII have four sections each.
PSBB was compelled to adopt the shift system in the history of the school, in the '70s and the '80s, to satisfy the growing demands of the residents of the city. It goes to show that all constraints are converted into successes owing to the administrative acumen and the Grace of God.